Customer Success Manager
We spend more than 90% of our time indoors, an environment that can be up to 10x more polluted than outdoors. Today, air pollution represents the leading cause of environmental mortality in the world. According to the World Health Organization, more than 8 million people die each year because of unhealthy air quality, including 4,2 million due to bad indoor air quality. Sensilla helps companies increase the safety and wellbeing of their teams, by monitoring and improving air quality whilst offering energy reduction strategies.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who has proven Customer Success manager experience in reducing churn, improving customer adoption, securing upsells, building lasting relationships and turning customers into product champions. The individual will be given ample opportunity to define and grow the Customer Success function for the newly launched Sensilla Solutions and Services, developing best practices, processes, retention and growth targets and more.
If you are a Customer Success champion who thrives in a very agile ever changing environment, constantly improving customer relationships, adoption and growth while seeking endless opportunities to grow professionally, this is the position for you!
Objectives of the role
- Develop a positive customer experience and fosters relationships to support retention and loyalty focusing on account growth and renewal.
- Responsible to extend accounts within existing and assigned customers.
- Provide proactive strategy with their assigned customer accounts.
- Drive upgrade revenue through increased product adoption and increased usage.
- Deploy our solution and drive adoption at the customer to ensure they are leveraging effectively and finding value in our services.
- Work closely with customers to ensure they are satisfied with the services they receive and to improve upon areas of dissatisfaction to avoid churn.
- Know the company’s products inside and out and become an expert and educate customers on the use and benefits of our products.
- Partner with marketing and technical teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience and take care of any customer issues.
- Be a customer advocate while capturing customer feedback and reporting requests to Product Management and Development teams.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes.
- Provide training on their products.
- Help customers plan and understand the best ways to utilize our solutions based on the customer’s business needs or business plans.
- Focus on educating their customers on the flexibility and capabilities of our solutions so customers are encouraged to continue using their services.
- A follow-up to avoid churn at the contract’s anniversary date.
- Project Management for large deployments.
- Drive customer relationships up to C-level.
- Manage customer and partner activity, risks, and growth opportunities and submit accurate weekly forecasts to management.
- Conduct customer-focused channel partner QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews), measuring partner performance against pre-established business metrics.
- Identify and forecast expansion opportunities and partner with sales to successfully close such opportunities.
- Identify and build advocacy relationships with strategic customers acting as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, references, etc.-
- Act as the voice of the customer internally; as the steward of the customer relationship, work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure a consistent and strong customer message is embedded in processes.
- Liaise with technical support, accounting, and other areas of the business to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Achieve/exceed target KPIs including but not limited to renewal %, upsell %, monthly active usage, MRR, and NPS.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- A demonstrated achievement in B2B sales.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer service or customer success position strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, and industry-specific analysis software.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent multitasking and project management skills.
- Understanding of Internet and web applications with a desire to learn new technologies.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn software programs.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as Salesforce.
- Autonomy required.
- Mobile to travel.
- Able to deal with remote operating teams.
- Confident, high energy, self-motivated, and a true team player.
- Experience working with senior and executive-level customer contacts.
- Well-organized, with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Experience with CRM software (i.e., Salesforce).
- Fluent English / French is required, another language can be a plus.
- The collaborative mindset with team player attitude.
- Willingness and proactiveness to take on responsibilities, be accountable, and multi-task.