We spend more than 90% of our time indoors, an environment that can be up to 10x more polluted than outdoors. Today, air pollution represents the leading cause of environmental mortality in the world. According to the World Health Organization, more than 8 million people die each year because of unhealthy air quality, including 4,2 million due to bad indoor air quality. Sensilla helps companies increase the safety and wellbeing of their teams, by monitoring and improving air quality whilst offering energy reduction strategies.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who has proven experience as a front-end software developer. You will play a key role in implementing the user interfaces for the Sensilla system. You will contribute to the system architecture, virtual infrastructure and software development environment. You will work closely with the product management team to build new components and interfaces that will extend the functionality of the Sensilla system. If you love building software solutions and thrive in a dynamic environment, continuously improving the functionality of the Sensilla service, and at the same time developing your own skills, this is the position for you!
Objectives of the role
- Design the UIs for high availability and scalability. Contribute to the team’s DevOps philosophy by automating the build, testing and deployments of the UI components.
- Implement new and maintain existing front-end applications: progressive/responsive web applications and mobile applications (iOS and Android).
- Assume the role of User eXperience (UX) expert in the software development team. The team lead will rely on your proposals to define the user experience and count on you to implement the chosen solutions in a timely manner.
- Propose pragmatic solutions to rapidly implement new features. Evaluate the possibility of integrating third party solutions into the existing architecture.
- Adopt an agile methodology such as SCRUM or Kanban; contribute to the implementation of a continuous integration process to build, test and deploy new features.
- Collaborate with the customer support team to solve issues reported by users. Provide level 3 customer support when necessary.
- Produce user documentation for the customer facing APIs and other integration points.
- Produce technical documentation for the complete Sensilla system, to facilitate knowledge sharing within the team and onboarding of new team members.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the software development processes.
- Process feedback received from product management, sales team and customer support team about issues related to the service, software bugs, new features requested by the customers.
- Contribute to the end-to-end functional testing: develop/implement needed tools, execute tests, produce test reports.
- Report your activities to the software development team lead. Anticipate the need for additional resources or tools, as the volume of UI-related software development increases.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or equivalent experience in software engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience as a software developer, preferably specializing in user interface design and implementation.
- Experience developing responsive web applications using frameworks such as Vue.js, React or AngularJS on REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with any of the following tools/frameworks is an advantage:- IoT platforms (Google IoT Core for example)
- OAuth, SAML and JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- D3.js, Vuetify, Jest testing framework
- Developing mobile applications with Dart and Flutter
- Experience working in agile teams with methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban. Experience with feature tracking tools such as JIRA or YouTrack.
- Ability to collaborate with remote software development teams. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A desire to learn new technologies and continuously develop new skills.
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Ability to work autonomously and go beyond your comfort zone.
- Confident, high energy, self-motivated and a true team player
- Well-organized, proactive, with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Fluent English and French or German required, additional languages are an advantage