Junior Helpdesk Agent
We spend more than 90% of our time indoors, an environment that can be up to 10x more polluted than outdoors. Today, air pollution represents the leading cause of environmental mortality in the world. According to the World Health Organization, more than 8 million people die each year because of unhealthy air quality, including 4,2 million due to bad indoor air quality. Sensilla helps companies increase the safety and wellbeing of their teams, by monitoring and improving air quality whilst offering energy reduction strategies.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who has proven experience as a member of a Customer Support helpdesk team. You will directly support the customers, and contribute your best practices to the knowledge base of the helpdesk team. You will also provide valuable feedback from the customers to the product development team.
If you are a Customer Support champion who thrives in a dynamic environment, constantly improving the quality of our company's service to the customer and developing your own skills, this is the position for you!
Objectives of the role
- Join the helpdesk team that provides direct support to the customers (level 1 and level 2) via email, social networks, and telephone. In the beginning, customer support will only be available during office hours, but as the team grows coverage will gradually be extended to 24/7. At that point the internal helpdesk team will handle level 2 customer support, level 1 will be handled by an external team.
- Collaborate efficiently with the Software Development team, who will provide level 3 customer support.
- Work directly with customers to solve any issues that they might encounter while deploying, installing, configuring, and using the Sensilla IAQ management service.
- Develop and share best practices with other team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the customer support processes.
- Know the Sensilla IAQ management service inside-out, quickly become an expert, and educate customers on the use and benefits of the Sensilla service.
- Create documentation that will help the customers use the Sensilla user interfaces and benefit from the Sensilla service. Documentation might include FAQ, HOW-TO articles, known issues, and relevant workaround/solution, training material, etc.
- Provide structured feedback about issues related to the service, software bugs, new features requested by the customers, to the product development team.
- Contribute to the centralized Knowledge Base that contains all technical articles, solutions to known problems, troubleshooting instructions, etc.
- Liaise with the sales team, the product management team, the software development team, and the accounting team, to ensure that the customer is satisfied with the resolution of the issue they raised.
- Report about your activities in the customer support team to the team leader. Anticipate the need for additional resources or tools, as the volume of customer support activities increases.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, Master's degree, or equivalent experience in science or technology.
- At least one year of experience in customer support or a helpdesk agent role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with customer support tools such as ticketing systems, CRM tools, knowledge base tools, wikis, etc.
- Experience writing instructions, technical articles, FAQs, training material that can be shared with the customers.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent multitasking skills.
- Hands-on experience with communication and collaboration tools, social networks, mobile, and web applications. Ability to efficiently solve issues remotely.
- A desire to learn new technologies and continuously develop new skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and go beyond your comfort zone.
- Confident, high energy, self-motivated, and a true team player.
- Well-organized, proactive, with high attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Fluent English and French or German required, additional languages are an advantage.