Senior Indoor Air Quality Specialist
We spend more than 90% of our time indoors, an environment that can be up to 10x more polluted than outdoors. Today, air pollution represents the leading cause of environmental mortality in the world. According to the World Health Organization, more than 8 million people die each year because of unhealthy air quality, including 4,2 million due to bad indoor air quality. Sensilla helps companies increase the safety and wellbeing of their teams, by monitoring and improving air quality whilst offering energy reduction strategies.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who has technical expertise and/or consulting experience in the following domains:
- Air quality monitoring and/or air quality management
- Building Management Systems (BMSs)
- HVAC systems
- Lead or participate in projects to monitor and/or improve Indoor Air Quality
As the first member of the IAQ consulting team, you will play a key role in defining how the consulting team will deliver expert advice to prospects and customers and support the sales team.
You will be involved in all the phases of our customer projects: starting from the pre-sales stage, going through the planning and delivery, and concluding with IAQ reports debriefing. You will play a vital role in the product roadmap definition, sharing your IAQ expertise and the customer feedback you will gather.
If you are an IAQ expert who thrives in a dynamic environment, continually improving our customers’ IAQ’s quality, this is the position for you. Join us now!
Objectives of the role
- Be the first member of a consulting team that will provide expert advice to prospects and customers in the area of IAQ, BMS integration, and remediation solutions for improving IAQ.
- Evangelize IAQ as a service. Participate in webinars, conferences and trade shows related to IAQ, BMSs, HVAC, or other possible solutions to help solve IAQ issues.
- Create IAQ related content for our social media accounts and corporate website.
- Interview prospects and customers to assess their IAQ needs and propose solutions to their IAQ problems.
- Leverage data reports coming from our sensor network to solve IAQ issues.
- Work hand-in-hand with the sales team to support sales efforts and share industry knowledge and experience.
- Assist the sales team during pre-sales meetings with prospects and customers by performing product demos and sharing expert knowledge and field experience.
- Share expertise with the Product Management and Software Development teams to improve Sensilla products.
- Analyse the results of IAQ measurement campaigns conducted on customer’s premises and create detailed reports, including root cause analysis and proposed remediation actions when relevant.
- Know the Sensilla IAQ monitoring service inside-out, quickly become an expert, and educate customers on the benefits of subscribing to the Sensilla IAQ service.
- Explain the advantages of the Sensilla solution at a low level of technical detail, compared to the competition.
- Contribute technical expertise and field experience to the centralized IAQ Knowledge Base.
- Report about the activities of the consulting team to the Head of Product.
- Anticipate the need for additional resources or tools as the volume of consulting activities increases.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or equivalent experience. Technical certifications in air quality measurements, air conditioning systems, air purification systems and/or communication protocols used by those systems.
- At least five years of consulting and/or pre-sales experience in the area of air quality measurement, air conditioning, air purification, or integration with BMS’s.
- Proven experience writing expertise reports or other technical reports for customers
- Experience with IoT systems and/or domotics is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French or German
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent multitasking and management skills
- Ability to efficiently solve issues remotely
- A desire to learn new technologies and continuously develop new skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and outside of your comfort zone.
- Confident, high energy, self-motivated, and a real team player
- Well-organized, proactive, with close attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Fluent English and French or German required; additional languages are an advantage